Web-based Anaesthesia Rota Management

SCATA is looking for volunteers to kick-start a rota software project
Alan Hope

Re: Web-based Anaesthesia Rota Management

Post by Alan Hope »

Have uploaded 27 screen shots from the Jet5 Rota program. These give a good flavour of the interface. Alan.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/alan.jet5 ... reenshots#
Anaesthesia: it's a gas!
Grant
Site Admin

Post by Grant »

Just a note of caution - there is some personal stuff viewable on those pages - phone nos. etc.
Might be worth a password-protect.
G.
SCATA Webmaster
All futures are possible...and inevitable
Alan Hope

Post by Alan Hope »

:oops:
Ah ... thought it was just my own details, but I see a few others' phone numbers listed - personal details blurred now (apart from my own).
Anaesthesia: it's a gas!
femi

Post by femi »

Hey all, there's a new Staff/Rota management software out called Schedulewall. It could be a solution for some of you on this thread.
http://www.schedulewall.com
SuperMac

Post by SuperMac »

I have developed a rota management tool which we have been using for over 6 years in our Trust. It produces a monthly rota template both as 'rtf' file and 'html' which is published on the Intranet. Also published on the intranet are HTML documents to view allocation by operating theatre, by individual anaesthetist or by day. There is also a monthly overview which the secretary finds useful for finding any individual at any time in the month. When the monthly rota is finalised, individual work schedules are pushed onto each members Outlook Exchange Calendar (it could be e-mailed but it's actually better to have it directly in the calendar). The intranet files can be updated at any time and therefore are 'live' documents accessible from anywhere in the Trust.

It's linked to a departmental leave calendar (also on Outlook Exchange) and the rotal planner software 'reads' the leave requests from the leave calendar to show the rota organiser the 'gaps' in cover.

Currently it does not generate a night rota, nor does it automatically allocate anaesthetists. It is tool for display the monthly template and highlighting where gaps may exist so that the rota organiser can easily either allocate cover or cancel a session. The cancellation list produced form the software can also be sent out to the surgical secretaries to notify them of cover (or lack of it!).

I know it may not cover all the questions on the forum, but I'm always happy to try development of my software to enhance its functionality.

M.